Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

It's been a while since I updated the blog and figured it's about time. I started my new job this week and I will love it soon enough. Right now it's pretty draining just because it's 12 hour days of class work. It's hard to sit and stay awake that long but at least I'm learning a lot. The only bad thing is parking. Being a university hospital you have to compete for parking with the rest of the university. Which means buying parking passes to park at the school. It's been a pain but I think I finally got it figured out.
Yesterday was a very busy day. Monty's brother Sam got married. It was a beautiful wedding and a lot of fun. We are very excited Sam found Megan and that she is willing to put up with him. All the Borrowmans are characters but Sam even more so. It has rained every day for about 2 weeks but yesterday the rain stopped (but just for yesterday, it's back today). We made it through the wedding and an outdoor reception with only a few drops here and there.
Monty and I don't seem to have a lot of pictures together so I had to throw this one in.

Monty, Matt (his brother-in-law), and I had the joy of decorating the car. With all of us having bad experiences with our cars being decorated as newly weds we decided that nice was the way to go. We didn't do anything to the outside of the car seeing as they do have to drive the car away and on their honeymoon. Instead we made popcorn people for the front seat and a bag of gummy worm babies for the back seat. (Because we promised to be nice Sam gave us the keys). They turned out pretty good. Then we threw candy everywhere making sure to get it in every crack, compartment, and hole. Nothing that will melt though so when they are finding candy in the car months from now they will just have a treat and not a mess. Congratulations Sam and Megan!

Our house is coming along nicely. The outside is almost done and inside the tile floor is all laid and they are working on the tile on the walls in the showers. They are almost ready to paint too, we're hoping next week. We had to go pick out new carpet today cuz the carpet we picked out in April has since been discontinued. Luckily we found something else we liked.


2 comments:

  1. the candy babies in the back seat are so stinking cute! and your HOUSE! it LOOKS AMAZING! I really cant believe how fast it has gone up! I really hope one of these weekends we can get together! its been what like two weeks..haha:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks AMAZING Steph! I'm so excited for y'all and...I wanna see it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete