Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Finally it's girlie

So it may have taken me 4 1/2 months, but Mia's room finally looks like a girl lives in it. When we first started setting up a baby's room, we made it very gender neutral. I was having a hard time deciding what to do because I couldn't come up with anything I liked that matched the bedding we had. Lucky for me my wonderful neighbor told me about the super clearance on baby bedding at Target so I was able to replace the bedding for only $12.50! We went with flowers and butterflies. I figured it's girlie but not baby so it can grow with her for awhile. I also love the ribbon board so I can keep all kinds of pictures up in her room and change them as often I I want.
I got the idea for this frame from Michael McLean's song "From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours." It's a song about an adoption and I thought it was just so fitting. Mia's birth mom was so nice to help us in doing this.
Her cute new bedding with all her bed time friends.
This wall will still be rearranged a bit. I want to get a picture of the Bountiful Temple to put on this wall. That is the temple we are having Mia sealed to us in so it will be her temple.
This is one of those little growth charts. Because I did all the decorating by myself to surprise Monty when he came home from work, it's not at the exact right height. It's about 1/2 inch to low but I figured that was close enough. Hopefully Mia will be standing good by her first birthday so we can mark how tall she is.

We had a few warmer days (it hit low 40s for a high) and we were tired of being cooped up in the house so we decided to bundle up and go for a walk. It was really rather nice being outside and getting some fresh air. Mia seemed to enjoy it too.
This was how I found Mia the other day when we were getting ready for church. She loves to chew on fabric (particularly burp cloths). I had laid her down to change her diaper when I realized the wipes were in the other room. When I came back to her room, she was happily chewing away at the sheet she was laying on.
Getting cuter by the day!

1 comment:

  1. HOLY CRAP STEPH!!!!! You were just at our house and I had NO FREAKIN' IDEA all this STUFF had happened!! I figured out why I was only seeing your December 1st post (I'm a dork, let's just leave it at that!!) and now that I'm caught up....WTH?!?! I can't believe you had all that going on!! I'm glad she's doing better, we totalyl spaced Monty's 30th Bday-Ugh on us but AWESOME that it was good!!:) Dang girl, we need to get together again this month-when we're healthy and won't be worrying about getting Mia sick, or you, or Monty;) Next time CALL US so we help girl!! As for her room... SUPER CUTE!!!! I love it!! I still haven't finished Jackson's and he's 18 months so 4 1/2 is NOTHING!!

    ReplyDelete