Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2012

Baby Doll Surgery and the Zoo

Conference weekend my parents came down to visit from Idaho.  On Friday we had a girls day out and spent the day shopping and went to lunch.  I worked Friday night and then Saturday we had girls evening out, while the guys were at the Priesthood session of Conference, with Aunt Carol and Julie and did a little more shopping and then went to dinner.  Sunday evening we went over to Carol's to play games.  The baby that Mia got for her birthday has already stopped working (that's what I get for buying it on clearance back in March) so I asked my dad to take a look at it to see if he could fix it.  That's when things got interesting.  My dad was upstairs working on the doll and Mia was running around everywhere.  After a little bit I all of a sudden heard her cry out "BABY" very concerned like and on the verge of tears.  I went upstairs and Mia was standing in front of my dad with her hand over her mouth and this is what she saw.
Not a pretty picture
  I think we slightly traumatized the poor girl.  Luckily baby was back in one piece to take home, but without peeling her entire face off (it wasn't going to come off any further without cracking) there was no way to figure out what was wrong with it and so no way to fix it.  Now it's just a normal quiet doll, but at least it came out of surgery no worse than it went in and Mia seems to be OK now.
On Monday Mia and I went to the Hogle Zoo with my parents.  It's been a long time since I've been there, even longer since my parents have been there, and Mia's never been to the zoo.
At the gate.
 Mia and Grandpa looking at the elephants.
 They have a big elephant that blows water out it's trunk.  Since summer is over it's not as exciting now but Mia loved it.

 Mia and I in the Eagle's nest
 One of the grizzly bears was having fun playing in the water.  Mia got really mad at me and threw a fit because I wouldn't let her go over the fence to go play with the bears.  It was pretty funny.
 They had a baby giraffe that was just 2 weeks old.
 Much smaller than it's mama but already over 6 feet tall.
The stroller was about a lost cause.  Mia just enjoyed roaming and running through the zoo.  Luckily it wasn't very busy.
I think this tiger was hungry.  It just kept pacing back and forth by the entrance to it's habitat.
 Mia was more interested in the fake tigers.
 And of course the lion drinking fountain was the coolest.
 The monkeys were Mia's favorite but somehow I didn't get any pictures of her with them.  She would run along the glass saying "OO OO AH AH"  It was really cute.  We did get a picture of her sitting on the ape's head though.  It wasn't actually a seat but Mia wanted to try it out so Grandma let her.
 We had lots of fun at the zoo and we get to go back in less than a month and Monty gets to go with us that time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment